Haleiwa, Hawaii (Oahu’s North Shore) — Ruins of a building on the property of Crawford’s Convalescent Home, 58-130 Kamehameha Hwy.

According to the Crawford’s website, in 1954 James Crawford took over a site that had been a state operated home for wayward boys. Celeste “Sally” Cheeseman reports that “On June 18, 2002 a fire destroyed all but concrete walls of [this] structure that was vacant for some time, so no one got hurt or injured.”

An August 2012 Honolulu Weekly article by Donovan Kuhio Colleps, “The Boys of Waialee: An historical profile of Waiale‘e’s most curious piece of architecture,” has more information about this eerie building.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This